I cut my waffles along the lines. :-}

I can't help it. I have ALWAYS cut my waffles along the lines. And my pancakes - I don't just start hacking away, I use straight lines to cut those too. I eat M&Ms two at a time, one for each side of my mouth and if I end up with one at the end, I bite it in half. It may sound a little bit OCD, but I've come to realize that I am very detailed when it comes to things that I can control.

I think I've mentioned this book before: Be Joyful (Philippians): Even When Things Go Wrong, You Can Have Joy (The BE Series Commentary). It's a great book for helping people, like me, who are looking for balance, happiness, joy. One of the things I remember (mostly because I taught the lesson) is that people worry about things they have no control over. So I guess it stands to reason, that if you're looking for balance or control, a sensible person would be attentive to the things they can control rather than worry over the things they cannot control. 

Stop me if I'm rationalizing...

I've had a REALLY rough last few days. Between being upset with my husband, trying to control my three little boys and being frustrated that I wasn't able to work - I was absolutely out of control. I'm even slightly annoyed today at the prospect of having to wait for my Mom to get here so I can go close some deals...three deals to be exact.

This may sound cheesy, but I promise that it's worked for me and even better than that, it has worked for me every time I've done it: I say a prayer to God, asking for guidance, a lesson, some message that He would have me learn to come closer to Him. Then I open my Bible and read. I always find my answers in there.

I guess I know what I have to do today: take full accountability for the things I can control, let my kids have fun rather than try to keep my thumb on them, be patient and happy when I see my Mom and say a prayer.

*whew* balance or bust!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments

Business 2 Blogger

Amazon.com Picks

Lost & Found

Ever feel like the woman you used to be got buried in an avalanche and cut off from all human contact...almost like Tom Hanks in that one movie where he befriended a volleyball named Spaulding? Actually, he was plane-wrecked not buried...but anyway! The avalanche I'm speaking of (in my case) is Mommyhood, Wifeyhood and all the complexities that come along with being responsible for people other than yourself! I vow to spend the next year discovering, nurturing and sharing habits that will help me (and you) to find balance between being the woman we once were and being the June Cleaver of the modern day world. Here's to Balance...or Bust!
    Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Recent Comments