Card-carrying Member of the 30-something Club!

Well, I've been derelict in my duties of blog-writer. But with good reason: I had a smashingly-fabulous birthday weekend! Now, my hairdresser has a friend who celebrates her birthday for an entire month...I like to think I'm slightly less selfish than that. All-the-same, it was perfect and lasted three whole days.

FRIDAY: 8:36PM
Arrive at Eclipse di Luna looking highly stylish with a new hair cut, a short dress and my hot Momma beside me. Ande & Rob arrive. Dusty and Chris arrive. Pitcher of coconut Mojitos arrives. Mmmmm. Tapas arrive, we all scarf and enjoy boisterous, witty conversation until about 11:00.

11:45PM
Arrive at Dusty & Chris' humble abode. We drink more Mojitos (after Ande gives Dusty a crash course on creating the devilish concoction.) We add to the repertoire, Jeff. He contributes greatly to the witty banter. Suddenly they all bust out singing "happy birthday" and put a cookie cake in my lap! Mmmmm. We hang out until about 1:00.

SATURDAY: 8:00PM
Arrive at Ande & Rob's house for some card-playing. The kiddos are with us and play whilst we mingle and get to know Cesar and Blandine. Jason arrives and we have a full table and are ready to play. (Well, I took the kids downstairs to go to sleep and ended up missing 50% of the games.) Anyway, Barbara arrives just after I join the table and begin to learn the art and strategy behind Texas Hold 'Em. Who knew that game was so fun?!?!? Anyway, at midnight Ande presented me with a decadent ice cream sundae with a candle and everyone sang "happy birthday" to me. Sweet friends I have, aye?

SUNDAY: 8:00PM
Ande pops in to watch the boys so I can have my FREE birthday dinner at Provino's. I dressed up again and must say that I looked pretty good...for a 25-year-old! I ate until I couldn't walk and we brought home cheesecake with strawberries for the volunteer baby-sitter. My sister also called and sang "happy birthday" on my voice mail.

It was a great weekend. I am so blessed. God really has done some amazing things for me this past year. And the love He has brought to me shined brightly this weekend.

I love you: Tony, Mom, Diego, Leo, Christian, Ande, Dusty, and all my long-distance friends who wished me well on my Facebook page. You are all, always on my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments

Business 2 Blogger

Amazon.com Picks

Lost & Found

Ever feel like the woman you used to be got buried in an avalanche and cut off from all human contact...almost like Tom Hanks in that one movie where he befriended a volleyball named Spaulding? Actually, he was plane-wrecked not buried...but anyway! The avalanche I'm speaking of (in my case) is Mommyhood, Wifeyhood and all the complexities that come along with being responsible for people other than yourself! I vow to spend the next year discovering, nurturing and sharing habits that will help me (and you) to find balance between being the woman we once were and being the June Cleaver of the modern day world. Here's to Balance...or Bust!
    Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Recent Comments