Day Two - Some Me Time to Start the Day

Well, I got a nice jog in this morning with the girls. But not without a bunch of static from the hubby.

So not only am I fighting with my kids to get some me-time, I'm fighting with my husband too. Ergh! Does being a woman always have to be such a struggle? Why can't going for a jog be a simple thing?

A little background: Tony and I have only been married for like two weeks. Before we got married, I simply had to tell him I would be back in an hour...never had to tell him who, what, where, when or why. All of a sudden, my first morning back on the track and he says, "You didn't even ask me!" WHAT? ASK you? I never had to ask before...such crap.

Anyway, regardless of the emotional ramifications of taking this last hour to run with my two best friends, I feel physically AWESOME! My body has been longing to hit the trail and the high I'm on right now shall not be spoiled by a rotten husband. (Yeah, it's not even the kids whining today...it's the big kid, Tony!)

Off to take a shower!

Balance or Bust!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments

Business 2 Blogger

Amazon.com Picks

Lost & Found

Ever feel like the woman you used to be got buried in an avalanche and cut off from all human contact...almost like Tom Hanks in that one movie where he befriended a volleyball named Spaulding? Actually, he was plane-wrecked not buried...but anyway! The avalanche I'm speaking of (in my case) is Mommyhood, Wifeyhood and all the complexities that come along with being responsible for people other than yourself! I vow to spend the next year discovering, nurturing and sharing habits that will help me (and you) to find balance between being the woman we once were and being the June Cleaver of the modern day world. Here's to Balance...or Bust!
    Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Recent Comments