My First Reading Assignment

I have decided to read The Best Year of Your Life, by Debbie Ford...again. I've read it once before and felt like I truly benefited from it. It may be because of this book that I became conscious of the need for balance in my life. I mean, we all WANT balance...but becoming aware of it and then deciding to do something about it, well that's a whole other thing. And then, once you decide to do something about it, knowing where to start or what to do - I'm just glad this book was referred to me by a good friend.

I meant to read it while I was at the park with the boys. But they were all over the place like curly hair on a humid afternoon. I was partially bitter until I remembered our little wrestling match from last night. It was then that I took a deep breath and allowed myself to be a kid again. Instead of being the Mom that is paranoid and precautionary, I became the friend that encourages and participates. And I had fun!

Anyway, now that I've become more aware of my various characters in this so-called life of mine, I've been able to accept them and deal with them, even like them.

So, if you want to read along with me, it'll be fun, like a book club or something. If that doesn't float your boat, it's still a good book, I would recommend it to anyone. Quick and easy, here's the link to Amazon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments

Business 2 Blogger

Amazon.com Picks

Lost & Found

Ever feel like the woman you used to be got buried in an avalanche and cut off from all human contact...almost like Tom Hanks in that one movie where he befriended a volleyball named Spaulding? Actually, he was plane-wrecked not buried...but anyway! The avalanche I'm speaking of (in my case) is Mommyhood, Wifeyhood and all the complexities that come along with being responsible for people other than yourself! I vow to spend the next year discovering, nurturing and sharing habits that will help me (and you) to find balance between being the woman we once were and being the June Cleaver of the modern day world. Here's to Balance...or Bust!
    Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Recent Comments