You Know You're Okay When...

A good friend of mine, Tommey, from my first church home, always spoke of her "weird God stories." 


Well, since I've become a Christian...I've had my fair share of weird God stories. But now that I've had so many - they're not that weird anymore, more like commonplace occurrences in my life.

Here's an example:

During the course of performing my new "job" I bumped into a very savvy, very accomplished business owner. He liked my style and offered me an opportunity within the first 5 minutes of me walking through his door. 

I returned home that day and told the hubby about the offer - which sounded incredible - then continued on my merry way doing my door-to-door sales gig.

Now, for nearly a month I had been trying to get a hold of him 
but always seemed to miss him somehow.

Well, the weirdest thing happened the other day (weird to you, but typical for me). I had just walked out of closing a $2,000 deal and I dialed the phone number to the savvy business owner I was just telling you about. I questioned myself afterward on why I would be motivated to do such a thing when I had just made so much money with my current position - well, all I came up with is, it's a God thing.

Anyway on this day, "savvy business owner" was the one who answered the phone. He immediately asked if I could meet up with him and another of his business partners who just-so-happened to be in town. I dropped my appointments for the day and rushed over.

Moral of the Story: It is to God's glory that I met up with Papa Llama and 
Jeff just a few days ago and am now the
Head of Sales for the corporation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments

Business 2 Blogger

Amazon.com Picks

Lost & Found

Ever feel like the woman you used to be got buried in an avalanche and cut off from all human contact...almost like Tom Hanks in that one movie where he befriended a volleyball named Spaulding? Actually, he was plane-wrecked not buried...but anyway! The avalanche I'm speaking of (in my case) is Mommyhood, Wifeyhood and all the complexities that come along with being responsible for people other than yourself! I vow to spend the next year discovering, nurturing and sharing habits that will help me (and you) to find balance between being the woman we once were and being the June Cleaver of the modern day world. Here's to Balance...or Bust!
    Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Recent Comments